Friday, May 08, 2009

Shopping for Boys

I have a ten-year-old boy who is a little bit hard to buy for. His birthday is coming up in a few weeks and I have been a little baffled as to what to get him. In today's society, eleven is somewhere in between a teenager and a little kid. Cars and trucks are a little on the young side while books and such get to be "boring."

I just now browsed the internet for some ideas and found MEGA Brands Struxx Robotrixx 6001. (see below)



The National Parenting Center gave this toy the 2008 seal of approval - that peaks my interest somewhat. Struxx Robotrixx is a lot more than a "toy." It's a building and construction set comprised of 625 pieces. My young fellow can build a large dinosaur that roars because the set comes with a gear box, motor and wire system!

I just think Ryan would have a blast with this set because he's mechanically minded and enjoys building and actually DOING something. He's pretty much the only one in our group of 5 who would play with Mega Blocks when he was a toddler. He'd put together towers and buildings that were pretty elaborate for a little guy.

Now that Ryan's getting older he needs to be challenged while enjoying what he's doing. I think this is an option.

Post?slot_id=37598&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments: