Friday, May 01, 2009

Meijer Sale

Our brand spanking new Meijer store just opened last week. Right now the grand opening is going on and I have found some special savings. Here are some you might want to check out at your Meijer.

Meijer salad dressings are on sale at buy 10, get the 11th free.
Meijer brand macaroni and cheese are buy 10, get the 11th free.
Friskie's Party Mix (cats) is on sale for $0.99. If you have one of the coupons for $1.00 off you can get them free.
1/2 gallons of Meijer brand orange juice is on sale for $0.99 each, as is the Meijer brand 1/2 gallons of chocolate milk.
Meijer brand white bread AND wheat bread are on sale for $0.98 each.
Gigantic supersweet variety pineapples are on sale for $1.99 each (I'm talking gigantic).
Meijer milk is on sale for $1.98 per gallon.
Seedless grapes are on sale for $0.88 a pound.
Bananas are on sale for $0.29 a pound.
Meijer brand bath tissue (6 double sized rolls) is on sale for $1.99.
Meijer brand neufetal cream cheese is on sale for $1.25 per 8 oz block.
Kellogg brand Frosted Mini Wheats is on sale for $2.75 a large box. If you have a coupon, this is a great buy. I had a $2.00 off coupon which made this only $0.75!

I think I'll like the sales at Meijer. Wal-Mart was giving me such fits about coupons that I try to avoid them now. I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I was not given the cents off for my coupons and, when I have to load my cart back up with the bagged groceries as the clerk scans, this is always something I miss until I go over my receipt. Sometimes I would ask the clerk if she took off my coupons and she'd say, "yes." Then I'd get home and find out that they were not taken off. I don't like to complain, but I am trying to feed a family of 7 on an extremely limited budget. What do you do? In my case, you switch stores.

No comments: