Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Adult Children

There are a few thoughts floating in my head concerning adult children. I have raised two children to adulthood (if you can count them adults at 20 and 18), and I have to wonder if I've done my job to the best of my ability. I mean, I think I have, but I still have to wonder.

When your older children do things that you know are going to give them problems later on, do you kick yourself for not teaching them all you should have? Do you try to force them to be all that you WANT them to be? Do you sit on the sidelines and pray as hard as you can?

Life is hard and parenting is harder still. It was easier when they were all babies and toddlers. I could force them to do my will or else. They were still able to be molded.

Right now I'm at the praying stage.

And no, my kids aren't out doing the unthinkable. I just worry that I haven't done enough.

2 comments:

Auntie Q said...

One reason why we love Mom so much, we know that she always has our backs. :)

Anonymous said...

This is what it's all about, right? Training the little ones to go out and be their own people. I'm kinda afraid of this stage for myself, because of so many bad examples of what *not* to do, say to your adult children. They will make mistakes, but they will be ok in the end right?