Before I started writing this post I read a few of the Thankful Thursdays that have already been written and posted by others. Did you realize that there are so many things to be thankful for that it's hard to actually get them all down? A lot of the time (most of the time) I take things for granted. I forget that God gives me life and that I depend on Him for the very breath I breathe. I forget that my children are gifts from that same God and that there is a divine purpose for each of their lives. I need to be reminded sometimes of what I've been given. And I need to forget about what I consider to be negative aspects of life.
So this week I'm thankful for:
- My children and for the freedom to teach them at home without government interference. I often take 5 blessings for granted.
- My home with indoor plumbing and heat. For food and clothing. For clean water to drink.
- Our state income tax refund which has already arrived. The Lord knows when we need things and doesn't ever give us something too early or too late.
- My writing ability. After taking a couple of years break from my freelance career, I'm encouraged. I sold a story last week and it's only in answer to prayer. God gives me my talents and abilities and I give Him the praise for that.
- For a break in the snow. Yes, a break in the snow. We've had storm after storm up here this winter but for the past several days we've seen blue sky. Before we know it, the snow will melt and gardens will be planted and growing.
To be flooded with great thankful lists, visit Grace Alone.