Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday - February 26


“I will give thanks to you, O Lord, among the peoples;
I will sing praises to you among the nations.”
Psalm 57:9 (ESV)

My husband came home yesterday after a six day hospital stay. He had surgery and was just to stay overnight for observation. Nothing ever goes as planned, however, and it turned out to be a whole lot more complicated. We had two days of bad weather with dangerous driving conditions that scared the life out of me, but we made it okay.

This week I'm thankful for:

  • The Bible - It always gives me comfort when I'm afraid.
  • Friends and family - Their support and prayers really mean a lot.
  • Safety through two winter storms - We're under a winter storm warning for tonight and tomorrow morning too. We have to make a trip to the hospital in the morning for another blood test. Hopefully it won't be as bad as they're predicting.
  • Modern medicine and the advancements that have been made in recent years - Even with all the doctors know today, though, it's humbling to realize that life is fragile and that it's only by God's grace that we live or die.
I hope you have had a good week.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Visiting from Thankful Thursdays ...
I'm so glad to hear that your travels have been safe, even in the bad weather. And I'm glad you husband was able to get the medical attention he needs. May Father God do a wonderful healing work in his body and give him a speedy recovery. And my He also be your strong provider, as you minister to your husband and see to the cares of your household.

Growth in God said...

Good to see you back. I am glad to hear things are okay. I will continue to pray for swift healing. Remember you can do all things through Christ that gives you strength. Phil 4:13
(Jeremiah 30:17 NKJV) For I will restore health to you And heal you of your wounds,' says the LORD..
(Jeremiah 33:6 NKJV) 'Behold, I will bring it health and healing; I will heal them and reveal to them the abundance of peace and truth.

Saleslady371 said...

Thank you for taking the time to share your faith in this difficult time. Please know that I am praying today for your husband to fully recover and you also. I remember those snowstorms!

Denise said...

Praise God for taking care of your husband, and letting him come home to you.

Laurie Ann said...

So glad your husband is home! Praising and praying regarding protection from winter storms. Happy Thankful Thursday!

Anonymous said...

May the Lord watch over you and your family and keep you safe through the storms :)

Anonymous said...

So glad he's home... Stay off those roads if you can!