I have received the Noblesse Oblige award from Christy and am proud to receive it. I'm not too sure that I deserve it, but then, who really does deserve all of the great things she receives in life? Yes, amid a house of sick people, a van with a punctured gas tank, and a husband with two upcoming surgeries, I think I've received lots of blessings. Just the fact that we have a house full of family and chaos rather than an empty house with echoes makes me thankful.
To qualify for this award a blog and blogger must fill these qualifications:
1. The Blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervades amongst different cultures and beliefs.
2. The Blog contents inspire; strives to encourage and offers solutions.
3. There is a clear purpose at the Blog; one that fosters a better understanding on Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Culture and Sciences and Beliefs.
4. The Blog is refreshing and creative.
5. The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking.
As a Christian blogger writing about and for the Proverbs 31 Woman, I've tried hard to keep in mind that women (and men) from all walks of life frequent this blog. While I not always agree with some of their ideas, I hope that I've remained respectful of them. We're not always going to agree on everything and even in the Bible there are those "gray areas." I think it's important to meet somewhere in the middle on some of the issues. And more than that, some of the things we could argue about are just not important in the larger scheme of things.
When I first put up Following31, I resolved to give my thoughts on Proverbs 31, verse by verse. It has been one of the most rewarding times that I've posted here because it gave me a chance to really study the verses myself rather than simply listen to someone preach it.
To pass on this award....hmmm....
I think I'm going to give it to Eyebright. She's a recent homeschool graduate who I think is a great role model for young ladies. Her blog is uplifting and encouraging, considerate and respectful, though she doesn't pretend to approve of something that she doesn't. We need more strong young people these days and Eyebright is one of them.