Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thankful Thursday - Dec. 11


“I love you, O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised,
and I am saved from my enemies.”
~ Psalm 18:1-3 (ESV)

It seems these days as if my own personal enemies have been pressing down upon me and I just about suffocate. How can I thank God this week? How can I praise Him for some of the things which I'm going through? He hasn't been throwing all of the attacks at me - Satan has.

God is able to use everything for good in my life, (Romans 8:28), and that includes the fiery darts of Satan and those who'd rather follow him than the God "of my salvation." During difficult times I remember that David was pursued by those who wanted to take his life. Job was tested endlessly by Satan (not by God), and Jesus was nailed to a cross by sin.

I consider myself to be in great company when I realize that David, Job, and Christ Himself had enemies. When tested, I need to focus on the One who is able to save me from those enemies and give Him PRAISE because He is God.

This week I'm thankful for:

1. An unexpected sacrificial gift from another that will enable us to get parts to fix our van's brakes.

2. Family members who stick with me through thick and thin.

3. The snow - yeah, that dreadful snow. It brings the snow lovers to our area, who buy potato chips and thus bring our winter income back up.

4. Safety that we've experienced while the roads have been less than safe.

5. For other Christian bloggers who seek to edify others in their posts.

4 comments:

Ann said...

It is hard to praise God in the storm, but I'm glad you're able to do it!

Denise said...

Bless you for your thankfulness.

na said...

That is a great list of thankfulness Rita!

Anonymous said...

nice list!