Saturday, December 13, 2008

Saturday Scripture Speaks #2


Welcome to the 2nd edition of Saturday Scripture Speaks.

"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him." Matthew 24:42-44 (NIV)

This verse has been speaking to me on a real personal level this week. It is a reminder to me that I dare not become lax in my Christian walk. I must keep watching for Jesus to come back at any time and I definitely do not want Him to find me "sleeping". It's so easy to say that He's taking too long or that I have plenty of time to get my house in order. The truth is that He could come in the next instant. I don't want to be left behind.

No comments: