Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Read the Bible in One Year in 2009

I began reading the Bible through each year sometime when Amanda was still a baby. She's 7 now. I can't even begin to tell you how much doing this has changed my life and my outlook. I believe it's ultra-important to NOT shrug off the privilege of opening a Bible wherever and whenever we want to in this country.

I read first thing in the morning and finish my devotions with prayer. You could read during lunch or before you go to bed at night, or you could read while the kids nap or while you take a hot bath. The important thing is that you spend time with God each and every day, reading Scripture, talking to Him and meditating upon what He places on your heart.

There are many ways to break down the Bible into daily passages, including simply beginning in Genesis and moving through to Revelation, and it's up to you how you want to go about it. Here are a few places to look for Bible in one year reading plans:

Christian Answers
One Year Bible Online
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
Our Daily Bread

No comments: