I have been tagged by Green Baby Guide, the host of Thrifty Green Thursdays, so here goes.
The rules are:
1. Link back to the person who tagged you and share the rules on your blog. check
2. Share 7 facts about yourself. check
3. Tag 7 people and list their links on your post. check (well, 6)
4. Tell those 7 people by commenting on their blogs. check
So....what do I share about myself? In other words, what might be interesting? Hmmm.
1. I am a homeschool mom who has 14 years in as teacher, now working on year 15....will be finished when the youngest graduates in, gulp, 2019. Oh my goodness! I just realized that is a huge chunk of my life!
2. I make almost everything we eat, drink and wash with from scratch. Sad to say that I don't do a whole lot of clothing making....just don't have the time to knit and crochet a lot and I almost hate to sew. But I'm working on that.
3. I am an avid fan of gardening and I dream of seeds by February. At that time I begin making my garden plans - really - I actually plan it out on paper.
4. I quit college just before completing my first year even though I had almost a perfect 4.0 average my first 2 quarters. I dream of going back and finishing my degree but probably never will.
5. I am working on my first novel for adults (Christian historical fiction). It's taken me a year to get half-way finished with it. I am mainly a nonfiction writer in the juvenile market, having been published in numerous magazines and Sunday school papers as well as Chicken Soup for the Girl's Soul. I've also won awards in two Writer's Digest writing contests. I dream of being a reclusive bestselling author living in the mountains of Tennessee after I finish that college degree.
6. A few years ago I was 5 feet tall and 160 lbs. Once I realized that overeating was a real sin, I took a course with Setting Captives Free and lost 45 lbs. Now I keep the Lord's desires for my life in my mind and in my heart and that has freed me from the addiction of food - something I had turned to in a depression part of my life. It feels so good to be free!
7. My desire to be a missionary in my neighborhood seems to consume me these days. I take the Great Commission (Matthew 28:16-30) seriously.
Now, I'm going to tag:
1. Yearnin' for Some Learnin'
2. Pieces of the World, Seen & Unseen
3. Defective Compositions
5. Creative Homeschool Mom
6. Writer Mommy
7. Okay, okay, I ran out of people I know who I'm comfortable asking to do this tag. I AM getting to know new folks online so maybe next time I'll tag you!