Saturday, November 22, 2008

Snow and More Snow

We're getting more and more snow these days. Is it my imagination or is it a bit early this year? I guess I do remember back a couple of years ago a friend's son was driving home from college at Saulte St. Marie for Thanksgiving and wrecking because of a huge snow storm. He nearly died but is well today.

With the snow comes cold air. I don't like that. I'm trying to think of the blessings that come with snow.

Here's what I come up with:

Snow in northern Michigan = snowmobiles = tourists = income for my husband.

Snow is pretty and white and reminds me that in Christ my sins are "white as snow."

Snow insulates the ground and gives moisture too. That means in the spring we'll have abundant morels = mushroom hunting = tourists = income for my husband. We'll also have a good garden if we get lots of snow in the winter. I remember when my dad was farming, he'd always want lots of snow to cover the winter wheat.

A white Christmas is always memorable and fits with the season.

I'll think of more blessings as the season goes, but for now I guess that's all I can come up with.

How about you?

No comments: