Thursday, November 20, 2008
My First Thankful Thursday Post
"You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever." Psalm 30:11-12 (NIV)
It seems as if lately the darts of the evil one have come against me and my family lately, but I can still find reason to rejoice and be glad. The Bible passage chosen for Thankful Thursday this week emphasizes the fact that wailing doesn't last forever for those who love the Lord. At some point He will remove the sackcloth (of my mourning) and clothe me with joy. At that point I can really sing. But until then, I can, and will, give thanks forever even for my meager circumstances.
I could list all of my burdens and the list would be overwhelming. Instead of whining over my own misfortunes, I am going to jot down the things I can be thankful for, which if you superficially glance over it, will cause you to completely miss the point, which is to rejoice in ALL things because God is still on the throne. (Psalm 105:3)
In no particular order of importance, I am thankful for:
1. My mother continues to heal. Today she is awake some and aware that people are in the room with her. She knows the Lord and loves Him.
2. We have a roof over our heads and are warm and dry.
3. I have five children - How many people yearn for children and cannot have any of their own?
4. We are well-fed.
5. Josh made it to work safely although the roads were a mess this morning.
6. Evan did not pass out while taking his diabetes test this morning. Sounds silly, doesn't it? But I'm thankful.
7. I have the freedom to homeschool my children without interference from the government (yet).
8. I am thankful for friends and family, near and far. We are not meant to be alone.
9. I know my Redeemer lives.
10. Personal health and physical perseverance.