Saturday, September 27, 2008

Deceivers

Did you notice that when you point your cursor on a Bible reference here on my blog you are given the whole verse (NKJV) in a little window? It's something new I just added a couple of days ago and I think it'll be something you'll like. I know I do.

It's struck me tonight how much we are truly living in "the last days." A man who used to be one of my favorite Christian singers has let me (and lots of others) down by leaving sound Biblical doctrine and following the deceiver. The sad thing is that he thinks that what he is doing is good and right.

If you don't think the Lord is pulling it altogether soon, look around you. Signs are all over the news channels & stations as well as the internet and talk on the street. Does not apostasy abound? The Bible tells us that when we see people leaving the faith in droves and following deceiving spirits and false doctrines, the end is drawing near. (1 Timothy 4:1-3)

Thankfully, the end is not really the end, but rather the beginning of something tremendously better. If you're a Christian, let me encourage you to keep the faith and finish the race. Don't be deceived by the Nicolaitans. (Revelation 2:1-7)

1 comment:

na said...

That is so true! It hurts more when it is someone you either know or has had an impact on your life though.

I have been out of it this weekend...busy with the business and family!

Christy