Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Money, Money, Money

I listened to Chuck Bentley (Crown Financial Ministries) tonight and really agreed with what he had to say. Tonight's message was NOT about you should do this with your money and you should do that with your money. It was about doing what God wants you to do with your money. Mr. Bentley talked about the many people who've won millions or acquired it some other way just to lose it all and be more miserable than when they began. The message I came away with is it's important to change how we look at money rather than simply make more of it.

To be honest with you, I have had this mindset that if only we could make more money then a lot of our problems would go away. I've stayed awake at night trying to come up with a mastermind plot as to how I could earn money. Hey, it's not easy to do either because we have one old beat up van with nearly 200,000 miles on it. I'd have to work from home or be close enough to walk, not easy in winter up here when the snow is 3 feet or more deep. Another difficulty is the complete lack of jobs here. Then there's the issue that I have 2 younger children at home (and 3 teen boys) and I homeschool 4 out of the 5. The oldest is in college.

So......my options are limited. God spoke to my heart tonight to remind me that I'm to "seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness. Then all these things will be added unto you." Matthew 6:33 (my version; I didn't look it up but quoted it from heart so I might be off a word or two - sorry about my laziness). I MUST remember to turn to the Lord and seek His guidance in our financial affairs as well as every other aspect of life. If I do what He wants me to do I'll be okay, in fact better than okay. I'll be in the center of His will which is the only place to be and find real peace.

If you'd like to listen to the message by Chuck Bentley, go here and click on the Will more money solve your money problems? link.

No comments: