Friday, August 08, 2008

Five Day Club

From Child Evangelism Fellowship's website:

Child Evangelism Fellowship® is a Bible-centered, worldwide organization composed of born-again believers whose purpose is to evangelize boys and girls with the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, disciple them in the Word of God and establish them in a Bible believing church for Christian living.

We finished up 5-day club today and I have to tell you, I was probably blessed as much as the children were to have been a part of this outreach program. If you've read my earlier posts you'll understand that I wanted to be a part of a ministry, yet I like my little comfort zone and hate to get out of it. I signed up to host 5-day club with Child Evangelism Fellowship and then rejoiced when I thought they wouldn't be needing me after all. Then I got a call thanking me for signing up and telling me when my missionary would be here.

Kids from our town came to my house for an hour a day, Monday through Friday. We met in the front yard underneath a maple tree and listened to Bible stories, sang songs, and learned about Hudson Taylor. We had an opportunity to give money to help a missionary in Africa buy a much needed car. We learned Bible verses. My favorite part each day was when the teacher read from the Bible as the rest of us double checked that the verses he was giving us were indeed in the Bible. That little part is SO important because it teaches the children that they MUST be able to detect false prophets by what they say. Check everything out for yourself with the Bible!

If you get a chance to host a 5-day club, help out with Good News Clubs, or any other ministry for children and/or adults, pray about it and watch God work in your life as well as in those to whom you've ministered.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CEF does a really nice job. A lot of Christine's homeschool friends conduct the clubs at people's houses, and Josiah has been invited to a few, in view of "the more the merrier." So glad yours went well!
bethanyrae