Saturday, July 26, 2008

Blueberry Pie in a Whole New Way

Amanda, Ryan & I made blueberry pie a little differently today. It's more out of necessity than anything else. No, it's not a necessity to have pie. My oven doesn't light any more since the igniter went out. I am able to broil, but who wants broiled pie? I guess if I was doing a flaming Alaska or something....

Anyway, we found a recipe for this in the latest Taste of Home and I modified it to fit our situation. Here's what we did:

We made a recipe of Rice Krispy Treats and patted them into a greased 9"x11"x2" cake pan. Then we made (2) 3 oz. boxes of Jello Berry Blue gelatin but with 1 cup boiling water and 1 cup cold water. We refrigerated it one hour. We whipped a quart of heavy whipping cream with 10 TBSP. powdered sugar and folded it into the partially set gelatin with 1 pint of fresh blueberries. We spread the blueberry cream mixture over the Rice Krispy Treat crust, covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated about 4 hours. It was absolutely delicious but expensive.

No comments: