Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Thoughts of a Burned-Out Mother

I have to admit that every now and then, as a mother, I get burned-out. Today is one of those days - I take that back. All week was filled with one of those days.

I have dreams of a grand life for each of my children; not a rich and comfortable life per se, but more of a rich life of knowing that they are serving the Lord. I don't really know if it's all going to come to pass, but I pray daily and I trust God that He'll grab hold of my kids and not let them go.

So, with this in mind I'm working diligently with my daughter to instill in her the importance of servanthood which begins in the home. I'm homeschooling the youngest 4 children in hopes of building strong moral values early in life. I don't know if I'm really doing that much because in the end it's not what I've done that matters but rather what God has done with all of us.

My oldest son is pretty much grown but still living at home. He disappoints me at times and he makes me feel proud at other times. It's time to let go and let God --- I can't be my children's safety net and "mommy" forever. But I can pray and continue to be an example. Isn't that what Timothy's (1 & 2 Timothy) mother did for him? Now she's forever remembered in the Bible.

Mother's Day is coming Sunday. I don't feel worthy of motherhood but I got the job nevertheless. Someday I will be held accountable for the things that I taught my children. It's a frightening thought, especially when you consider that Amanda is learning to actually cook on a hot burner:) By the way, isn't she just lovely in the outfit she chose to wear all by herself? HA!

No comments: