Friday, May 09, 2008

Cool Veggie Pizza

Bethanyrae asked that I post the recipe for the Cool Veggie Pizza that we had at my Pampered Chef party last night. The lady who did the show said that this recipe is an oldie that has evolved over time. She also said that she had to sort of piece it together and change it because she couldn't find the original anywhere. So, here is the recipe, Bethanyrae, and I will now expect you to make it and post about your results! (just kidding)

Cool Veggie Pizza

2 pkgs refrigerated crescent rolls (8 ct.)
1 1/2 t. mayo (I used light)
1 clove garlic
8 oz. pkg cream cheese, softened
1 t. Dill Mix (Pampered Chef sells this, but I don't know why you can't use dill and mix it with a little bit of parsley & onion powder)
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
Assorted fresh veggies, washed & chopped or shredded (I used green onions, carrots, cucumber, & broccoli)

Line a large pizza stone with the crescent rolls and bake until lightly browned. While the crust is cooling, mix in a bowl the mayo, crushed or chopped garlic, cream cheese, & dill mix. Spread the cream mixture over the cooled crust. Cover with shredded cheese. Sprinkle the veggies over the cheese. Cut into individual pieces and serve.

This pizza was a super hit at my party and the leftovers keep well for the next day.

No comments: