Saturday, November 17, 2007

Me in French

My mom is French. I've done a pretty through roots search and found my ancestors back to the 1600's and living in France. I thought it would be fun to give myself a French name. Back in Massachusetts, where my mom was raised, all of her Canadian French relatives would say that Rita is French. I even have an Aunt Rita, and yes, she's French. Anyway, I took four years of French in high school and the name my teacher gave me was Eugenie. I find that to be a very unglamorous name, but I was stuck with it for the four years.

Tonight I decided to grab a different French name. What do you think?


Your French Name is:

Shantelle Desprez

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How do you like Marguerite? It's French, and my guess is that's where Rita derives. It sounds pretty cool said with a French accent.
I discovered you can't use the shortened 1 syllable version of bethanyrae over there. They don't pronounce the /th/, so it sound like 'bet' which in their language means 'stupid.'
bethanyrae