Friday, June 08, 2007

The Impossible Woman

The title, The Impossible Woman, is what our pastor calls the 31st chapter of Proverbs. We all know this "impossible woman" as the Proverbs 31 woman. Since my blog is Following 31 I've decided to go through Proverbs 31 verse by verse and share with you some of my thoughts on the subject, as well as thoughts from other people whom I've come to know over the years, women who I think come about as close to being a Proverbs 31 woman as they can be.

I have a friend in Missouri who talks a lot about Proverbs 31. She's a pastor's wife and has studied the Scriptures through and through...I trust her as a spiritual leader. I'll be sharing some things that she shares with me and other women from time to time. Part of being a good wife is making sure our families are well fed and Rebecca is good about sharing recipes that she's found to be cost saving as well as nutritious AND tasty. I don't know if you're anything like me in this area, but I get bored fixing the same old same old. I like to experiment in the kitchen so I'll post a few recipes here and there for those who are interested.

As everyone who's ever read this blog knows, I've been tinkering with a home business for a while. The Proverbs 31 woman "sees a field and she buys it." Obviously this woman has business sense; maybe she works a job from inside the home. I gain encouragement from this verse.

So.....my next post will begin with Proverbs 31 verse 1.

On the homefront....we had a birthday party for Ryan tonight with the neighbor kids. I made (cough, cough) frozen pizzas and a cake.

A praise.... Today Jeff and I went to town. He got rotors and new brake pads & whatever else for the brakes and I went grocery shopping with Amanda. I also got senior pictures made up for our oldest son to pass out to the relatives. On the way home, Jeff was driving and the brakes gave out again. What happens is that the brake pads on one side of the back brakes kicks out. Anyway, we went right through an intersection and past the stop sign because the brakes wouldn't pump back up. I was so thankful that nobody was coming because the cross traffic goes fast. This is the 3rd time that the brakes have gone out on that van. The first time was 2 weeks after we bought it. I was driving and hit someone; nobody was hurt, thankfully. The second time I was driving in town to the bakery with Josh and they gave out as I pulled out of K-Mart. I almost hit someone that time, but it came to a screeching stop right at the stoplight. Now this time it happened to Jeff. God's looking out for us and it obviously isn't our time to go. Praise the Lord for His angels, right?

No comments: