Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A Garage Not Used

Okay, I'm not talking about an empty garage or anything like that. Our garage is still set up (somewhat)for a garage sale. I want to box it all up and set it at the end of the drive and first come...first served. Let someone steal it. My husband says no. I have to open the garage sale back up this weekend because our neighbor across the road is having one. Never know, someone who didn't come the first time through might come the second one. Phooey.

Speaking of garage sales, I want to use the proceeds to build a website for my business. Today I loaned what I've made this far to someone and now have to await payback. I don't know if I'll get payback but I guess I'm supposed to lend without ever hoping to be repaid. That's hard when you want to build a website!

In the 80's today and to be hotter tomorrow. We have such up and down weather. It rained in the backyard this afternoon but not in the front yard. That was weird but kind of pretty.

Do you know that if you're working on Blogspot putting on a new post that it automatically saves a draft of the post when you pause too long? See, I take so much time to think about what I want to say that sometimes I just sit here with my fingers on the keyboard and do nothing. That's when it autosaves. Nice.

Okay, enough chit chat. I'm whipped. Before I go I want to give you my pizza crust recipe. It's been an old standby for us and we like it better than anything you can get out of a box.

Pizza Crust

1 1/2 cups very warm water
2 TBSP olive oil
4 1/4 cups flour (white flour, but sometimes I sub. 1 cup whole wheat)
2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. active dry yeast

I use dough setting on my breadmaker for this, but if you're REALLY doing it by scratch: dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup of the water. Put in bowl 1 cup flour, sugar and salt with 1 1/4 cups water and the yeast water. Mix until smooth. Add remaining flour and stir until well moistened. Knead until smooth and elastic. Put in a greased bowl and turn dough over to grease other side. Cover with a towel for about 60 min. or until doubled in bulk. Makes 2 or 3 pizzas, depending upon size of pan and desired thickness.

No comments: