Tuesday, April 17, 2007

One of the Lies

I've been attending a ladies' book study at our church for the past year. The book we're reading through with great interest is "Lies Women Believe" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. It's really been an eye opener. Now with only 3 more chapters left, we studied the lies dealing with emotions. That's a biggie with me these days.

I'm tired lately. That's understandable, considering that I'm trying to start a home-based business, continue a part-time (I think no-time) writing career, homeschool 5 children and do all of the duties a stay-at-home mom does. I'm exhausted most days. Isn't that reason enough to let my weary emotions take control and rule my life? Can't I tell my kids and my husband to leave me alone (and rudely I might add)?

According to Miss DeMoss, and a higher authority--the Bible, there's no good excuse to allow emotions free reign. Jesus experienced EVERY emotion any one of us experiences, yet He did so without sin. What's my excuse? I think I'll try to get to bed earlier tonight.

No comments: