Monday, February 19, 2018

Menu Plan Monday: Two Menus - February 17


Good morning! I am ready to report how I liked the sample menu plan from Forks Over Knives. For the most part, the meals were tasty and very filling. I had asked for the plan for a single person, as I am the only one in our house who eats vegan. Every meal made two servings, which gave enough for a lunch or breakfast left-over for the week. Well, as I am a small person and don't require the same calories as a taller, larger boned person, I found that the two meals were more like three or, sometimes, four. At first, I tried to get it all eaten in two meals but then felt overly full and sick. By the end of the week, I was putting a serving in the freezer for a later date.

The Forks Over Knives meals were great, as I already said, but one of them, Peanut Noodles, did not set well, either the first round or the left-over round. I suspect it is because I have an unhealthy digestive system and the peanut sauce is just too hard to digest (I have had trouble with peanut butter before and now eat sunflower seed butter or, on occasion, almond butter). Other than that, it was all fantastic.

This week, I have planned my own menu, as well as the menu for the rest of the family. As a side note: I am sure our grocery bill would not be nearly as high if I could stop purchasing meat. I ended up paying $200 at the grocery stores (yes, plural) yesterday because I had to buy meat and dairy. Looking at my receipts, I found that meat was most expensive, with dairy second. Fruits and veggies were just a tiny fraction of the total bill.

So, I think I have a menu plan to fit most anybody, except maybe Paleo eaters. There might be something in there for them too, but not whole meals. I like to use healthy carbohydrates in my plans. I am posting my plans for dinner only, however, I did plan for all three meals for every day with the vegan plan. Please message me if you are interested in seeing that. Have a good week!

Meal Plan for WFPB Vegans

Monday

Veggie Burger with Russian Dressing

Tuesday


Wednesday


Thursday

Plantain & Potato Soup
Gluten-free Cornbread (Leftover)

Friday


Saturday

Plantain & Potato Soup (Leftover)

Sunday

Salad or whatever I find


Menu Plan for Carnivores

Monday

Beef Noodle Bake
Green Beans
Ice-cream

Tuesday

Chicken Breast Smothered in Tomatoes & Mozzarella Cheese
Baked Potatoes
Peas

Wednesday

Roast Beef
Root Veggies

Thursday

Left-overs
Spring Rhubarb Cake

Friday

Pizza & Pop

Saturday

Lasagna
Salads
Garlic Bread

Sunday

On your Own

No comments: