Thursday, October 12, 2017

Book Review - The Space Between Words by Michele Phoenix


The Space Between Words is written by Michele Phoenix and is published by Thomas Nelson.

I have been reading a lot of books lately. I am glad to report that all of them have been interesting and worth the time. The Space Between Words has been a special joy to read, as are all of the books by Michele Phoenix.

This is a novel addressing the Paris terrorist attack of 2015 when terrorists shot 137 people at a concert hall. The story is told in the first person by Jessica, who suffers a gunshot wound during the attack yet survives. After she physically heals (I say physically, not emotionally), she winds up in the country, still in France, at a cottage she rents from some Americans living there. After finding an antique sewing box at a flea market, Jessica enlists Grant's and Mona's help in tracing the box's original owner - a Huguenot girl living in the 17th Century! What happens later is nothing short of fantastic reading, and I enjoyed every minute of this interesting tale.

*I received a copy of The Space Between Words in exchange for my honest opinion. My thoughts are my own.*


No comments: