Monday, July 24, 2017

Menu Plan Monday - July 24


Happy Monday! How is your summer going? Mine is rapidly passing by. Here in the north, we don't normally get a lot of high temperatures. Last week we saw some upper 90's, which I happen to love. Most people here think it is hot at 70 degrees, but not me. Today, it is only in the 60's, so I am lamenting. It is hard to get a good garden going when it is never really warm for many days (and nights) in a row. So, if you live anywhere near northern Michigan, don't come to me and complain about the heat. I will be quick to remind you that come September, you're going to see temperatures quickly plunge. Then, come January, you're going to be telling me how freezing cold it is.

The moral of my little story is: You can't control the weather. Only God can. If you don't like what we have, either live with it or pray to the One who can change it.

I found a recipe for a gluten-free, dairy-free cake roll this morning. I plan to make it in an hour or so. It is sort of fancy looking. I won't be tackling the design today but maybe someday ....

Monday

Mashed Potatoes
Fresh Green Beans
Macaroni Pickle Salad (made with GF macaroni)
Custard Pie

Tuesday

Grilled Marinated Chicken
Baked Potatoes
Peas
Garden Salads
Sugarless Oatmeal Cookies

Wednesday

Spaghetti with Burger
Garlic Toast 
Salads

Thursday

Roast Whole Chicken
Mashed Potatoes
Zucchini and Cheese

Friday

Pizza & Pop

Saturday

Veggie Burgers
Potato Salad
Fruit Salad

Sunday

On Your Own

No comments: