Friday, July 28, 2017

Book Review: Get Out of That Pit: Straight Talk About God's Deliverance, by Beth Moore



Get Out of That Pit: Straight Talk About God's Deliverance is written by Beth Moore and is published by W Publishing Group (Thomas Nelson).

First of all, Get Out of That Pit is not a newly released book, per se. It was originally published in 2007 and is now published with a new, updated cover. Don't let that fool you, however. It is still as relevant today as it was ten years ago, perhaps more so.

Beth Moore speaks quite candidly throughout this helpful self-help book. Actually, the book is not a self-help at all, but is a God-help volume. Throughout the book, Moore takes us the depths of the pit to the top of what God has in store for us. And it's not pity.

Moore doesn't mince words and help us along in self-pity. Instead, she outlines for us the steps that got us into the pit and the hands reaching upward that will get us out of the pit - for good. I like that. I don't want anyone babying me. I want the Truth. The Bible says that "the Truth shall set you free". 

What a great place that is to be.

In Get Out of That Pit, Moore includes some sample Scripture prayers to help us in our prayer lives. The reason for praying Scripture, according to Beth Moore, is that God loves to hear His Word, not because He has an ego thing going on. It is more of a love thing going on. He loves our dependency upon Him. He wants to carry our burdens and lift us from the pit. He isn't handing over the tools to aide us in getting out by ourselves. We're climbing on His back and holding on. And never letting go.

I found this book to be a great reminder of the greatness of the Trinity of God. I think it's a keeper, not just a single read and toss sort of book. I think you just might agree.

*I received a copy of Get Out of That Pit:Straight Talk About God's Deliverance in exchange for my honest opinion. My thoughts are my own.*

No comments: