Monday, February 20, 2017

Menu Plan Monday - February 20



These last few days have been so beautiful out (we still have lots of snow but it shown in the sun!) that I am more motivated to do things around the house. Don't ask me why, but when the weather warms up to spring-like temperatures, I receive a burst of energy.

This morning it was donut making. I had made some many years ago, but had forgotten about them. Then, last night, my husband watched a YouTube video of a woman frying donuts in an electric skillet on top of a wood burning stove. I didn't have any of my original recipes, so I googled some. I decided to try this one from Ree Drummond.

I have to tell you, they look and smell amazing. I can't have them, as they are not gluten-free. They are in no way healthy for you. Just fun. The recipe made fifteen and a handful of donut holes. I had a tad bit of dough left over but didn't think it was enough worth rolling again and again, thus becoming tough. If you decide to try them, keep in mind that you really need to start them the night before and let them raise in the refrigerator overnight.

Here's my menu plan for the week:

Monday

Spaghetti with Parmesan Chicken Tenders
Cottage Cheese
Tossed Salads

Tuesday

Stir-fried Steak
Basmati/Wild Rice 
Peas

Wednesday

Taco Salads
Applesauce

Thursday

Oven-baked Chicken Thighs
Roasted Root Vegetables
Mashed Potatoes

Friday

Pizza & Pop

Saturday

Veggie Burgers
Tossed Salads
Oven Fries

Sunday

On Your Own

No comments: