Monday, January 30, 2017

Menu Plan Monday - January 30



I have been reading up and studying the different "diets" of the world and what the scientific evidence says concerning them. The China Study has some really compelling conclusions regarding a very long and well reviewed study involving lab rats, stemming from the question as to why the Chinese, who ate very little to no animal protein while consuming vast amounts of starchy vegetables, thrived. In fact, they not only thrived, but they had little to no cancers reported over a long period of time. So far, I can't get any of my family on board for a vegan diet, However, I can get myself on board. I plan to decrease the animal based foods from our meals slowly, without anyone really noticing. For instance, the rice pudding I am making for dessert tonight will be made with cashew milk. I did this before and my meat loving husband, not realizing it was vegan, ranted and raved about how good it was. In fact, he has been requesting I make it again.

So, here's what I have planned.

Monday

Roast Beef (slow cooker)
Carrots
Potatoes
Tossed Salads (no cheese)
Rice Pudding

Tuesday

Beef and Noodles
Mashed Potatoes
Cauliflower

Wednesday

Pork Chops
Wild Rice/Basmati Pilaf
Green Beans
Cottage Cheese

Thursday

Enchiladas (vegetable based)
Salads
Refried Beans (no animal fat)
Applesauce

Friday

Pizza & Pop

Saturday

Meatballs
Sweet Potatoes
Corn
Salads

Sunday

On Your Own

No comments: