Monday, October 10, 2016

Menu Plan Monday - October 10


I am finally back to blogging - I think. Our family moved to a new home three miles away. This is an old log cabin that has been added to a couple of times. The result is a rustic country home that I am hoping I can transform into my dream retirement home. You see, I have been longing to move back home to farm country but, thus far, it has been impossible. Since we cannot move out of the area until my husband retires, I have to be content in the north woods.

This home, with its knotty pine walls and beautiful working cook stove, seen below with lots of stuff on it, can easily become a farmhouse decorated in that country, farm style that might make me feel more at home.

We'll see. So far we have had visitors in the form of deer (will eat our garden), skunks (well, you know), and a cougar (scary). Last night we listened to coyotes yipping. I'm not sure how farm animals will fare out here. Time will tell.

Here's what I planned for this week:

Monday

Shredded Chicken Sandwiches
Roasted Root Vegetables
Cherry Cheesecake

Tuesday

Chili and Salads

Wednesday

Sloppy Joes
Green Beans

Thursday

Baked Steak
Mashed Potatoes
Butternut Squash

Friday

Pizza & Pop

Saturday - Amanda's Birthday

Taco Bar
Cake & Ice-cream

Sunday

On Your own

No comments: