Monday, May 23, 2016

Menu Plan Monday - May 23


It finally feels like spring here with temperatures in the 70's. I don't know how long it will last, but I'm loving it while it's here.

I have been ill with non-diagnosed stomach problems for some months now. Next week I undergo some tests. Please pray that all goes well and that, if anything is found, it will be something easily fixed. Here is encouragement for those of you on vegetarian diets - the blood tests performed last week (quite extensive) show, in my doctor's exact words, "On paper, you are the healthiest person on the planet!" In other words, not eating meat (or having it very rarely and in tiny bits) does not necessarily cause one to have vitamin and mineral deficiencies. My iron count is strong and that is with me having a history of anemia when I was very young (and I was a strong meat eater then, having grown up on a dairy farm and our freezer always full of beef, pork, chicken, and mutton).

My menu plan for this week is as follows:

Monday - Amanda Prepares

Macaroni and Cheese
Fruit

Tuesday

Sloppy Joes and BLTs
Baked Potatoes
Steamed Vegetables

Wednesday

Tacos
Tossed Salads

Thursday

Roast Chicken
Mashed Potatoes
Green Beans

Friday

Pizza & Pop

Saturday

Burgers
Baked Beans
Chips
Potato Salad

Sunday

On Your Own

No comments: