Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Menu Plan Monday - April 18


Well, I realize that this is Tuesday, not Monday. I have been feeling overwhelmed these days, especially since my mother passed away from this world to enter Heaven a couple of weeks ago. I have to admit that I have had a hard time dealing with it even though I am not a young child. I know that Mom was in her 80's and that she was fully ready to go. I just wasn't ready to let her go.

I got some books from the library to read during my devotional time - after I have read from the Bible (I read through it every year). One of them is a 30 day devotional written for those who are grieving the loss of a loved one. The other is a book by Dr. Joyce Meyer concerning the power of our thoughts to make or break us. Both of them are very good and are giving me help in my struggle to adjust. Mother's Day is coming up and I know I am going to have a difficult time with it. Thankfully, I have to work that day so my mind will be kept busy.

Here is the menu plan I came up with:

Monday

BLTs
Corn
Potato Chips
Ice-cream

Tuesday

Pot Roast
Potatoes
Carrots

Wednesday

Fried Chicken
Mashed Potatoes
Green Beans

Thursday

Pizza & Pop

Friday

Eating Out - Homeschool Performance Night

Saturday

Burgers
Home Fries
Salads

Sunday

On Your Own

1 comment:

Secondary Roads said...

It is very hard to lose a mother. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.