Saturday, May 02, 2015

Saturday Scripture Speaks - May 2





Psalm 30:5 (KJV) says,

"For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."

This verse always speaks to me. It doesn't matter where I am at the time or what I'm doing. We all suffer hardships. Personally speaking, I have watched my life go in waves. I have experienced incredible highs, as in the births of my children, my wedding day, - those times when everything seemed to be right with the world.

There were other times, however, when I didn't know if I would be able to manage the deep holes that seemed to be developing all around me. Those were the times that our financial condition was the lowest, times when family and friends turned on us, the times when we suffered physical trials (my son still suffers kidney disease from Henoch Schonlein Purpura onset 2 years ago) - those times when we honestly thought we wouldn't survive.

The highs and the lows are like waves in the ocean. They swell and then they fall. They go up and down throughout our lives. After coming out of a difficult time we might be falsely led to believe that all will be rosy from here on out. That's a false security and we should be on our guards. The hard times come and go, but they will come again. 

Rather than despair, we need to draw our strength from Christ for God's Word says that we have LIFE in Him. "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

We will mourn and suffer at times while we are still here in these perishable bodies. But someday we will awake in God's presence and every tear will be wiped away as we rejoice forevermore!

No comments: