Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Help a Child "in Jesus name"


This is a picture of a new little friend. He is a child living in Indonesia and he is in need of a sponsor through Compassion International. His name is Awang and he just turned 8 years old in October. I am sharing his need with you because I believe that one of you might be the one to sponsor him. You see, Awang's family is poor and they live in what we in the West would call a very depressed area. $38 a month offers medical checkups (which often saves lives), healthy food, health and hygiene training (brushing teeth, bathing, etc.), help with school supplies and lessons, access to special services (like needed surgeries and disaster relief), and, what I consider probably the most important, mentoring to help the kids know how much they mean to Jesus.

Almost three years ago, I decided to sponsor a child who lives in Burkina Faso (Africa). My husband gave his blessing and we have sent $38 a month since to help Nehemie with all of the above. I receive regular letters (and drawings) from Nehemie and, in turn, I send him my letters of love and encouragement. He asks me to pray for certain needs and offers to pray for me and my family. He is turning 8 years old in February. He has been, and continues to be, a great blessing in my life. My prayer is that I can continue to support him until he is grown.

That brings me back to Awang. I am on a mission to find him a sponsor. Can you help? If you are interested in knowing more about Awang or Compassion International, please send me an e-mail. I'd love to hook you up with Awang. I promise that you would be blessed.

No comments: