Monday, August 25, 2014

Menu Plan Monday - August 25

http://orgjunkie.com

Well, summer has about left us and I feel that things are beginning to slow down. I have been working extra hours at the library and generally been running here and there. This is the first menu plan I've made in a few weeks, which is bad, but then I have had company for about three straight weeks. Time to get back to normal.

I have looked for some good recipe books that incorporate whole and healthy eating - gluten-free and vegan when I can. I found three good ones at the library. They are:

The Daniel Plan Cookbook, The Blender Girl, and Mayim's Vegan Table. There are tons of ideas to help you get back to the basics with good food.

Here's the plan for the week - basic and as cheap as I can make it:

Monday

Spaghetti
Salads

Tuesday

Baked Chicken Breasts
Stuffing
Green Beans

Wednesday

Goulash
Peas

Thursday

Chili in the crockpot

Friday

Pizza & Pop

Saturday

Lasagna
Green Beans
Salads
Garlic Toast

Sunday

On Your Own

No comments: