Monday, October 28, 2013

Menu Plan Monday - October 28


After completing our annual sign-up for health insurance this year, I have decided we are eating out of the pantry and freezer for a long time. I do not think we have a penny to spare now. I am so angry about the health insurance fiasco our government has put into place that I am spitting fire. We have a chronically ill teenager, so we not only have to spend out the wahoozle just to have healthcare insurance (and this is through my husband's employer rather than the government website), but we have so many out-of-pocket expenses that were not there last year. And last year just about killed us! I don't know what we're going to do, but I do know that God is greater than the United States Government and Obamacare. He is greater than our son's illness. He is greater than our finances. So I trust and pray.

I borrowed Gluten-free Girl's newest cookbook from the library this week. A few of the menu choices are from that book. You will know them by the * before the name. Here is the meal plan for this week. 

Monday

*Cuban Black Beans and Rice
Pork Chops
*Apple Pie with ice-cream

Tuesday

Loaded Baked Potatoes
Salads
Left-over Pie

Wednesday

*Chili with Butternut Squash, Black Beans, & Kale
Canned Pears

Thursday

Fettuccine with Ham
Garlic Toast
Brussels Sprouts

Friday

Pizza & Pop

Saturday

BBQ Pork Riblets
French Fries

Sunday

On Your Own

No comments: