Sunday, June 10, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - June 11


Summer has arrived and brought with it warmer temperatures that call for creativity in a hot kitchen. We are grilling out more, using the slow cooker still, and generally finding ways to keep the heat out of the kitchen. You guessed it - we do not have air conditioning (other than a window unit in our bedroom during the hottest part of the summer). I tend to eat mostly salads, fruits and raw veggies, so I don't generally even cook most of my food. That helps tremendously by making me feel healthier while allowing me less cooking time. If you take a few minutes to think about it, you can come up with wonderful meals that utilize less stove-top and conventional oven cooking.

On the menu plan this week:

Monday

Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Bob Evan's Chicken & Noodles (I got them really cheap)
Peaches

Tuesday

Saucy Grilled Pork Chops
(It's easiest and best to soak and cook your own beans)
Smoothies

Wednesday

Stir-fry with Chicken
Apple and Cherry Pies (supposed to cool off this day)

Thursday

Applesauce

Friday

Pizza & Pop

Saturday

Taco Salad
Chips & Salsa
Corn
Ice-cream

Sunday

On Your Own

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, I don't know how we'd stand it without AC. This weekend, we've had tons of rain, so temps have cooled to the high 70s, but a week ago, heat index was in the 100s! Your menu looks yummy.... one of my fave summertime lunches is a grilled cheese sandwich with some veggies. Yum!