Wednesday, February 08, 2012

God is Good

As I write this, my heart is heavy with pain for others. A friend dear friend passed away yesterday morning. He was only 55. My heart of grieving for his family who will sorely miss him. Yet, in the midst of the grief, I know that he is rejoicing with his Savior in Heaven. My prayer is that his wife and children will, after their time of mourning, rejoice too in knowing that the arms of Jesus now hold him forever safe.

A family who attends our church is fighting a fire on their property as I type this. They are losing a large amount of hay, which will be devastating for them. Still, praise God that the entire family is safe. God is good - always good.

Finances are giving a ton of people grief these days - the lack of finances I mean. I know some very hard working folks who just simply can't make enough to make ends meet. I've been there - am there now. And still, though I struggle too, I hear the call of the Lord asking me to dig in and help make a difference. I want to feed people the life-giving manna of Christ. I don't want to sit on the sidelines as lives are lost and souls sink into the pit of everlasting fire.

God has answered some prayers this month. I can see Him at work in our family and others. He is more than good. Words cannot describe His worth.

No comments: