Monday, January 16, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - January 16


This is going to be a good week - I can just feel it. Our funds were low this week so we're using up what is in the pantry and the freezer. Last week I had found an organic whole chicken for a reduced price because it was short dated. I bought it and froze it for later - glad I still have it. We also found, at the bottom of the chest freezer, a large block of hamburger patties (I'm talking 10 pounds). I always feel so blessed when I find stuff I had completely forgotten about. Speaking of forgetting...I balanced the checkbook with the bank to find that I had made a $100 error - to our credit!

I checked out of our library two really great cookbooks for gluten-free cooking: Gluten-free Made Simple: Easy Everyday Meals that Everyone Can Enjoy by Carol Field Dahlstrom; The Gluten-Free Gourmet Cooks Comfort Foods: Creating Old Favorites with the New Flours by Bette Hagman. Some of my menu choices this week come from them. Sorry I can't share the recipes - they're copyrighted.  Here's what we're planning:


Monday

Broccoli
Salads
Bread & Butter
Peaches

Tuesday

Hamburgers on the Grill
Gluten-free Scalloped Corn

Wednesday

Goulash
Peas
Salads
Applesauce

Thursday

Chili in the slow-cooker
Garlic Toast
Strawberry Mango Smoothies

Friday

Pizza & Pop
Saturday

Gluten-free Beef Stroganoff
Stir-fried Vegetables
Zucchini Pie

Sunday

On Your Own

 

No comments: