Sunday, September 11, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - September 12

Organizing Junkie
I'm feeling scatterbrain as I write this text. On Thursday, I canned more peaches - 39 quarts. This brings my grand total to 71 quarts of peaches. I think that's enough. As I type, seven quarts of tomatoes are in the canner. I will soon begin working on applesauce. We picked about 3 bushels this weekend. Can you see why I'm having trouble thinking?

Here's what I'm planning for the week:

Monday

Roast Chicken
Candied Carrots
Baked Potatoes
Apple Cobbler

Tuesday

Meatloaf
Scalloped Potatoes
Green Beans
Strawberry Smoothies

Wednesday

Roast Beef
Potatoes & Carrots

Thursday

Chili
Salads
Cucumbers & Tomatoes *recipe below*

Friday

Pizza & Pop

Saturday

Woman to Woman Conference - Jeff is cooking supper

Sunday

On Your Own

**Cucumbers & Tomatoes**

Slice cucumbers and tomatoes and layer in a bowl, sprinkling generously with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for 2 or more hours.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Sounds like I'll ditch my plans and come enjoy yours! I love all the yummy comfort foods!

K-Koira said...

I do a similar cucumber and tomato dish, only I add fresh dill and a splash of vinegar as well as the salt.

I am just stopping by from the MPM linky list, checking out what everyone else is planning for the week.