Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Thankful Thursday - October 7

I spent last week in Indiana on vacation - or a trip, as Jay Laffoon says of such things. Hopping from one house to the next to please all of the extended family is not my idea of a great vacation. We did exactly that this trip. We actually stayed at a different house each day of the week just so no one person would be aggravated that we left them out. It was ROUGH packing and unpacking that many times. 


The main reason for this trip, however, was not to visit everyone. It was to allow me to spend time with my dad before he went into surgery for a hip replacement. We weren't altogether sure that he would make it out of the operating room without another heart attack. Praise the Lord that he had no heart attack and did very well. He is now in step-down care and will probably go home early next week. 


My thankful list this week includes:


1. My dad's successful hip replacement and continuing healing
2. My adorable great-nephew, with whom my sister and I spent an entire day in Shipshewana, browsing some great stores. 
3. My oldest son's continued healing from a fairly serious throat infection. He's on the mend now and working hard to pass his last physical strength/endurance test scheduled for this upcoming Monday.
4. As I see turmoil in our country and our world, I praise the Lord that I'm a Christian and that I know God is in total control. 
5. I'm so thankful that God gave us prayer. I'm seeing miracles because of prayer's power.


Please check out the other Thankful hearts here.

20 comments:

Whidbey Woman said...

Appreciate your honesty. This was not exactly a relaxing trip for you! But, you found things to be thankful for nonetheless :)
Glad to hear your dad is doing so well. Bless you.

Whidbey Woman said...

Appreciate your honesty. This was not exactly a relaxing trip for you! But, you found things to be thankful for nonetheless :)
Glad to hear your dad is doing so well. Bless you.

jhunnelle said...

Thank you Lord for you are our great healer, thank you Lord for the privilege of telling you our concerns, than you Lord for you are an answering God.

It's a blessing to read your TT.

LAURIE said...

What a great report of how God enabled you to be with your Dad. Happy TT!

Heather said...

Glad you got to see family! It's always great to spend time when you don't live near them. Praying for your Dad's recovery!

pam said...

Great list. The fact that He still sits on the throne no matter what is worth GREAT rejoicing with an immensely thankful heart. I can't imagine how people manage on their own.

Unknown said...

Yes Praise the Lord we have prayer and we know whom we can rest in. I hope you have a blessed day!

Pia said...

love your list of thankfuls... yes, God is in control. that alone is so refreshing and reassuring. prayer indeed is very powerful.

God bless.

Charlotte, Lover of His Name said...

Without trying to sound silly your heart sounds like the walk Jesus took to visit us. He went from house to house, packing, unpacking... giving of himself for the hope of life changes. You gave throughout this whole trip and came back with precious stories while leaving a praise behind. bless you and God continue to take you His Path.

Holly said...

I can relate to your "vacation"... :)

But then you write this beautiful list of thankful moments!

But God! Right!


Hugs,

Holly

Denise said...

I love your thankful list, so glad your dad did well with his surgery.

Anonymous said...

muito bom...

Jocelyn said...

Hoping for a quick recovery for your father and son!

My Mad World said...

Thanks for stopping by!

Trips like that are never fun! I am so thankful though that your dad did well with his surgery. Praying he will continue to heal well.

LaVonne said...

I always tell my husband that visiting family should not be a vacation :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog tonight. I appreciate it. Stop by again anytime.

Blessings!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I'm glad to hear that your dad has made it through his surgery safely. I will include his recovery in my prayers.

NanaNor's said...

Hi Rita, Thank you for stopping by my blog; it gave me opportunity to meet you. I understand about those types of vacations and they can leave you more tired than rested but I'm glad you got to spend time with you dad and extended family. Have a blessed day!
Noreen

Judith C Evans said...

Thank you for sharing this heartfelt post. Thanks to God for all the healing in your family. Have a blessed week!

eph2810 said...

Awesome news about your dad's successful surgery.

I totally agree with you one prayer - and the power of it.

Thank you for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Love & peace,
<>< Iris

Unknown said...

Hi Rita,

4. As I see turmoil in our country and our world, I praise the Lord that I'm a Christian and that I know God is in total control.
5. I'm so thankful that God gave us prayer. I'm seeing miracles because of prayer's power..

Girl, I am praising as well. I want to tell you how much I love to see your name pop up every week. It's like an old friend giving me a hug. I can't wait to meet you one day.

Thank you for offering your praise for our Father. See you again this Thursday. Hugs, Lynn