I spent last week in Indiana on vacation - or a trip, as Jay Laffoon says of such things. Hopping from one house to the next to please all of the extended family is not my idea of a great vacation. We did exactly that this trip. We actually stayed at a different house each day of the week just so no one person would be aggravated that we left them out. It was ROUGH packing and unpacking that many times.
The main reason for this trip, however, was not to visit everyone. It was to allow me to spend time with my dad before he went into surgery for a hip replacement. We weren't altogether sure that he would make it out of the operating room without another heart attack. Praise the Lord that he had no heart attack and did very well. He is now in step-down care and will probably go home early next week.
My thankful list this week includes:
1. My dad's successful hip replacement and continuing healing
2. My adorable great-nephew, with whom my sister and I spent an entire day in Shipshewana, browsing some great stores.
3. My oldest son's continued healing from a fairly serious throat infection. He's on the mend now and working hard to pass his last physical strength/endurance test scheduled for this upcoming Monday.
4. As I see turmoil in our country and our world, I praise the Lord that I'm a Christian and that I know God is in total control.
5. I'm so thankful that God gave us prayer. I'm seeing miracles because of prayer's power.
Please check out the other Thankful hearts here.