Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Thankful Thursday - March 17

Women Taking a Stand is the place to meet for Thankful Thursday this week. We all have a lot for which to be thankful, and I know all of you are mindful of that. Want to know what I'm finding is bringing my heart to thankfulness right now? WARM and SUNNY days! Yes! I am so very thankful that we have had a glimpse of spring right here in the normally cold northern part of the United States! The weatherman has forecast snow (I know, a dirty word in these parts) for the early part of next week, but it won't last long, if it even sticks. Today the temperature got right close to 60 degrees Fahrenheit. Normal temperature for this time? Somewhere in the 30's. So, yes, I am giving God thanks for the early spring we've enjoyed.


As usual, I am also thankful for the gift of friends, family, and general good health. 


For what are you giving thanks this week? The Bible says to give thanks in all things. If you look around, you can find all sorts of blessings. Be sure to thank the Lord today.

10 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

The weather certainly is nice just now. Hopefully it won't result in plants getting a false start only to be frozen back by the coming return to cold [seasonal] weather.

I'm thankful that Sylvia returns Friday from her week in Florida. Midnight and I are beginning to miss her.

tammi said...

We had two very abnormally warm weeks too ~ so exciting and easy to be thankful for!! Today, we're back to snow and wind on my neck of the Canadian prairies, but at least it's still not terribly cold!

LaVonne said...

We are currently here in Northern California and it is so sunny I can hardly see this laptop screen. LOL! Tomorrow we fly home to Northwest Washington and it is supposed to be 65 degrees this Saturday!?! Wow! I am excited.

Just stopping by from Thankful Thursday. Stop by and visit me anytime.

Blessings
LaVonne
www.longwaitforisabella.blogspot.com

Karen said...

Thankful for the coming Spring, too...

Denise said...

I love spring so much.

Nancie said...

Glad Spring is here for you. In my country, it is summer all year round :) We have the sun and rain throughout the year and no seasons like yours. It's wonderful to know how much Spring can mean to you. Thank God for that. Thanks for your visit too. Take care and have a very blessed weekend!

Warm regards,
Nancie

debi9kids said...

We have been getting the same beautiful weather and for that, I am so very thankful as well.

Blessings.

sharon said...

It is so easy to take the 'gift of friends, family and general good health' for granted until one loses it.

It's been all sunny and rainy in Malaysia since January (which is when I arrived). I love the rain and appreciate the sun from my window. :)

Kari said...

We are enjoying a beautiful taste of spring here in Georgia, too. It seems that winter was so gray and rainy--it definitely makes one thankful for sunshine and blue skies! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Karen said...

I have also enjoyed the sunny days we've had the last week or so. We had temperatures in the 60s yesterday. But it is snowing today. In fact, it has been snowing all day. I think we're supposed to get back up into the 50s in a couple of days.

Hope you have a great weekend!
Karen