Friday, October 02, 2009

Aloha Friday - Life


A friend of mine on Facebook posed the question, "If you could go back to any point in time and live it again, what period of your life would it be and why?"

I thought about that question for some time and finally decided that I would relive my teen years. I didn't have a particularly happy teen life and that's why I would do it over again. I would want to be less shy and talk to people more. I realize now that I cheated myself out of good friendships simply because I was too afraid to talk to the "popular" kids. I was afraid they wouldn't like me if they got to know me. I had low self-esteem, I guess.

Today, I'm friends with a lot of those very people of whom I was afraid some 30 years ago. They were just ordinary people, like me. They had those same fears that I did.

My question to you is the same as my friend's:

"If you could go back to any point in time and live it again, what period of your life would it be and why?"

Be sure to visit Island Life for other questions.

14 comments:

MadeInCanarias said...

Victorian, I love the dresses :D

Anonymous said...

I'd just as soon more forward from here. If I had to go back though, I think I'd pick high school. I weas on the track team and loved it.

AudreyO said...

When I turned 35. That was awesome!!

Auntie E said...

the 80's.... I loved living in Europe and now I would go places I didn't get to back then. I also loved that time period in my life.

TheAtticGirl said...

I think I'd go back to after my son was born. I would like to relive that and be able to spend more time at home with him. He's 10 now and sometimes I find myself wishing I didn't work full time when he was a baby.

http://atticgirl.blogspot.com/2009/10/aloha-friday-comfy-jeans.html

Sues2u2 said...

I don't know that I would want to live anything over because those experiences (good & bad) have turned me into who I am. Again, both the good & bad things about me.

na said...

That is a loaded question! There are many things that I would like to redo...however...had I done things differently then I would have also missed out on many blessings. I think we all have regrets, but those experiences have made us who we are now.

Liz Mays said...

I'd start over from the first day of marriage and invest better and enjoy my children as babies and growing up all over again.

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

I would love to go back to when I first met my husband. It would be nice to cherish the time we had before kids, and then our kids again - everything has gone by so quickly.

Marie said...

I would redo the past year but only if I would not get sick and could have a better ending to 2009!

~ Noelle said...

wow...
there is way too much to write the answer to that one!

Becca said...

I went to Israel the summer before last...I would love to return to that time :)

kailani said...

I don't know if I'd go back. I've never been happier than I am now.

Secondary Roads said...

The past has made me what I am. I've made some "less than optimum" decisions. I've wondered would have happened if . . . No way to say what the outcome might have been.

I'm ready to just go forward from here. I hate to try over and not get it right.