Saturday, August 08, 2009

Then Sings My Soul Saturday


I can't seem to get this song out of my head lately. You can go here to see Matthew West's video. The video below is his song, The Motions, but not his video. I hope it inspires you to do more than simply go through the motions of Christianity but to LIVE IT!

By the way, did you know the whole story of what inspired Matthew West to write this song? He underwent surgery that made him wonder whether he would ever sing again or even sound good at all. You need to watch both videos!

5 comments:

Lisa notes... said...

I love the thought in this song. I don't want to just go through the motions either, but to sincerely live out my faith. It's a battle, but one worth fighting for. Thanks for posting!

Cathy said...

That is a great song. I hope Matthew West is doing well after the surgery.

Karen said...

I love this song! I want that all consuming passion in me always....

Debbie Petras said...

Great song; I don't want to simply go through the motions. Thanks for sharing Matthew's story too.

Peggy said...

Blessings Rita...I LOVE Matthew West's Motion Song and how true your words! I recently learned of this song & shared it as well at a different time! I watched both videos then and I think I chose this, too!

So clearly, Great song & great story!

Now to live like Christ and not be just going through the motions.

Hope you enJOY a fabulous TSMSS & weekend!