Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tackle it Tuesday - Peaches & Apricots

I'm so tired right now I'm not even going to try to write up a lengthy post about this. Last night my husband came home from work with 1/2 bushel of apricots and 1/2 bushel of peaches. It was all very ripe and needed to be taken care of ASAP.

I spent from 8:30 this morning until 3:00 this afternoon working on the fruit. I canned 21 quarts using a medium syrup (2 cups water to 1 cup sugar). There were still quite a bit of apricots left over so I placed them in the dehydrator. They need to be pretreated so I dipped the cut ends in lemon juice mixed with about half a cup of left over syrup. This way they won't turn brown.




Last but not least is the pot of coffee beginning to brew in the picture below. No explanation is needed for that one.


Visit Tackle-it-Tuesday each week to see what others around the blogosphere are doing.

No comments: