Sunday, June 21, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - June 22


This week our church is having Vacation Bible School and I am signed up to help. Amanda is the only child young enough to go anymore :( Evan is a helper too :)

I'm excited about it but, because it runs each evening, I had to plan simple meals. In my book, simple means quick. I rarely use boxed meals because they are expensive and because I don't think they're very good for anybody. This week I'm turning a blind eye to that and using some.

Monday (1st day of VBS; have to be there early)

Tacos - boxed kit husband and children can fix
Garden Salads -using fresh spinach and lettuce from garden!

Tuesday

Cheesy Chicken & Rice - didn't get made last week and easy to do in microwave
Carrots
Canned Fruit

Wednesday

Goulash - hamburger, cooked macaroni, & a can of tomato soup
Zucchini Bread - I made last night & put in freezer

Thursday

Pizza & Pop - hubby's day off and he said he will make; he loves it

Friday

Home-Fries
Smoked Sausage
Green Beans - from freezer

Saturday - VBS done

BBQ Pork Ribs - On sale at Glen's I think for a great price - cook in crock-pot or grill
Baked Potatoes - microwave
Veggie - still debating on which one

Sunday

On Your Own

Remember that Menu Plan Mondays is always at Organizing Junkie. What's on your menu this week?




1 comment:

na said...

I want home fries too!