Lynn over at Spiritually Unequal Marriage is hosting again this week. She's asked us to post about obedience, and boy, do I have an obedience post for you!
We've been struggling with the whole tithing issue for a while because of so many different factors, but mostly because of all of the medical bills we've come up against as well as high gas prices, high food prices, and low sales (hubby is on commission) for the winter months. It all puts a strain on finances and you have to wonder where to cut.
A few weeks ago our Bible study group delved into the tithing topic. My husband and I both came away determined that we would not cheat God - that is what the Bible says we do when we do not give back a portion of what He gives us. That portion is the first 10th of our income.
We've kept to our resolve - or is it God's resolve? Either way, we're being blessed. I've had more writing assignments these past two weeks than normal and better than average sales for my husband.
This week I'm thankful for:
- The rain that has been coming down since yesterday. We were at extreme fire danger. My garden was not doing well. God is good.
- People have been donating to the Mombasa mission trip and it's nothing short of amazing. We're confident that God is doing it all because in it all, He's receiving glory.
- I'm always thankful for this - that old van keeps running. We're praying for a better car but until we get it, we're glad for what we have.
- Friends - what would we do without them? I have so many good friends scattered everywhere that I feel rich and blessed.
- I'm thankful for this - Thankful Thursdays and the opportunity to share my faith and joy with others.