The mouth of the [uncompromisingly] righteous utters wisdom, and his tongue speaks with justice. Psalm 37:30 (Amplified Bible)
Lynn is hosting Thankful Thursday this week and she asks how wisdom changed your life.
I don't know if I've always spoken with wisdom, but I do know that I've sometimes blurted out things that I shouldn't have because I completely lacked wisdom.
Wise words will lift up others. Unwise words will tear them down. The times that I've spoken wrongly have been some of the worst times of my life because those words have hurt others, have hurt me, and have ultimately hurt the God I serve. So, I think it's a good thing to be reminded of the necessity of wishing for wisdom, especially with the words we use from day to day.
This week I'm thankful for:
- The rain that is blessing our forests and gardens. We so depend on water for our very lives.
- My brother and his family as they are here visiting us for a few days. It's so good to be with family.
- Grocery money this week. Sounds so simple doesn't it?
- Relationships that I'm building with my children. Soon they'll all be grown and out of the house, but I desire to always have a place in their hearts.
- Safety on the roads this week. It is something we don't always think to thank the Lord for, but He's there protecting us each day. Who knows what disasters that could have overtaken us but we never knew about them?