Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tackle it Tuesday - Makeup Stuff

It's Tuesday (or thereabouts) already and that means time to tackle a project. Today, Amanda and I worked on our make-up stuff.

Here is my mess before its beautiful transformation :)

My husband once bought me a really nice make-up tray and vinyl bag from Mary Kay that zips to keep everything organized. The problem now is that I have too many things in there and most of it doesn't fit in all of the nice little "slots." This is due to the fact that much of it is no longer Mary Kay. Then there's the problem of, "Where do I keep this thing?" It doesn't fit in the bathroom easily or on my dresser, unless of course I keep it on the higher side, of which I can't easily reach. Don't ask.

So, what did I do? I decided that I don't want to use the Mary Kay organizing tray and matching bag right now. Maybe someday I will have a nice spacious bathroom in which to place such items. For now, it's the make-up bag to the rescue!

You guessed correctly. I placed most of the items in a tote bag. A few items I placed in the medicine cabinet behind the bathroom mirror. These are the facial cleansers and moisturizers.

It's a big jumbled looking inside the bag, but I assure you that it's better than with the tray.

Here's Amanda's bag. Ha ha. She has to copy everything I do. Scary.

Link up your Tackle-it Tuesday post with 5 Minutes for Mom.

2 comments:

SimplyBillie said...

That's something I definitely need to tackle. My makeup case is a mess! Your's looks great though! And how cute that you have a little copy-cat.

Michelle said...

Nice job. I have a make-up drawer that could sure use this tackle!