Sunday, May 31, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - June 1

Eeek! It's already June 1; can you believe it? At the last minute tonight I got to working up a menu plan for the week. I think that, beginning next week, I'll do up several in advance. I'll just have to remember that it'll be a bit flexible because one never knows what will be on sale at the grocery store. We have a new Meijer store that I'm loving because their sales top all of the others in our neighborhood - match them up with manufacturer coupons and Meijer Mealbox coupons and I'm all set.

Since we live in Michigan where pasties rule, I thought I'd try my hand at one. I found a ton of old tried and true recipes and chose one that I thought everyone would like. My family, with the exceptions of Jeff and Josh - the meat eaters - would generally not like the traditional pasties with rutabaga and all of the meat and gravy. I'm going to try a chicken and bacon one and update it a bit.

So, here's this week's plan:

Monday

Lasagna
Peas
Italian breadsticks
Cherry cheesecake

Tuesday

Shredded chicken and bacon pasties- combining a few of the recipes and tweaking them
Macaroni salad
Magic Milkshakes

Wednesday

Roast chicken
Mashed potatoes
Corn

Thursday

Pizza & pop

Friday

Goulash
Tossed salads
Chocolate cake

Saturday

Enchiladas
Chips and salsa
corn

Sunday

On your own

As always, Organized Junkie has a huge list of menu plans. You have no excuse not to get some new ideas for dinner!

No comments: