Monday, May 04, 2009

A Meaningful Mother's Day

What's the best gift you've ever received for Mother's Day? What's the best gift you've ever given? Mothers are very special people - after all, if not for your mother, you would not be here today.

I know that I cherish each and every gift I get for Mother's Day. Just to know that my family thinks of me and considers me as someone they value makes my heart grow warm. I think the best Mother's Days I've spent over the years have to be the times that my kids and husband have taken me out somewhere - sometimes just on a hiking trail with a picnic lunch - and enjoyed the day with me. That's what I value - time with my family.

What if I didn't have time with my loved ones simply because they had a disease or illness that couldn't be treated? What if our time was cut short?

So now I wonder ... wouldn't it be such a great tribute to mothers everywhere to give a young mother-to-be a lasting gift, one that can make a difference for another life?

I've talked in this blog about blood banking before but I don't think this is a one time topic. Umbilical cord blood is successfully being used to treat more than 75 diseases and has been used in more than 10,000 transplants worldwide. That's amazing to me.

The Mother's Day sale at Cryo-Cell U-Cord gives a great opportunity for people to bank cord blood and would make a wonderful gift for the mother-to-be. The sale ends at midnight on May 10.

Post?slot_id=37142&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

1 comment:

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

I just love getting home made things from my kids. I also love when my house gets cleaned for me. ;)